Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Richardson Chapters 5 & 6

In chapter 6, Richardson talked a lot about the benefits of social bookmarking. Social bookmarking is probably one of my favorite and most used tools right now! I joined Pinterest last summer and can't stay off of it. It's the perfect way for me to mix business with pleasure. I have found so many useful charts, activities and strategies for teaching, but I have also been collecting recipes, ideas for home decor, and exciting places to travel. It has been so simple and wonderful to be able to organize my internet findings in one place. I have created several different "boards" to store anything that peaks my interest when I am exploring the internet. If you don't have a Pinterest account yet, it's time to make one!

Pinterest vs. Diigo:
Diigo is a newer tool for me. It is similar to Pinterest because it is a place to store and organize useful materials found online. It isn't quite as easy to manage Diigo as it is to manage Pinterest, but I seem to be quickly getting the hang of it. I have found that I can make lists to organize my educational materials by subject (or any way one would prefer), and it creates quick links to saved websites. It is not as visually appealing as Pinterest, but Diigo definitely has a place in education. It is a great way for teachers to store and share their favorite websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment