Monday, January 28, 2013

Flickr!

I had no idea what Flickr was until today. I knew it had to do with picture sharing, but I didn't know that it was easy and useful! Flickr Creative Commons offers a wide variety of pictures that can be used in blog posts or for activities in the classroom. If you are unfamiliar with how to use it, definitely check out this blog post about Flickr!

While checking out Flickr, I found this picture of NYC. My students will be doing a project on it soon, and this is a great place to find pictures!


New York City

2 comments:

  1. When you are on Flickr, you can search for photos that the user has given permission for others to use. Let me know if you want me to demo that process in class. When you are on Flickr, look for information on Creative Commons. Here is one link to get information: http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried flickr too! I really can appreciate the great photos that can be used with new vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete