Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Richardson Chapters 3 & 4

I have been hearing about wikis for the last year, but I didn't really understand how they worked until last week. What a great tool for collaboration! I love the idea of students being able to work together to edit, change, or update a document. Richardson offered some helpful suggestions of how to use wikis with students, but I am still not sure how I would use them practically. I like the idea of using wikis for book reports, but I'm not sure how I could fit it into my schedule. I also liked the idea that students could help create or finish books using wikis. Although it is exciting, I am a little nervous about using wikis with my students and know they would need a lot of instruction on how to properly collaborate using them. Maybe the first step should be blogging before using wikis?

How would you use wikis with your students???

No comments:

Post a Comment