Monday, January 28, 2013

New York City Animoto

Wow! Animoto is really fun and easy to use, and I think my students will be intrigued by it. My fourth graders will be beginning a math unit learning about money and elapsed time. To meet our objectives, students will be planning an imaginary trip to New York City. They will be taking the train from Connecticut to New York for the day, and they will have a budget of $150 for their excursions. I created this animoto to give my students ideas of places they might like to visit while they are in New York. I plan to use it as an introduction for the unit to help them as they begin to plan their itineraries for their trips. I hope they like it!


4 comments:

  1. This is great Jessica! I saw that Allison had it on her blog and I thought it was something she found - I didn't realize you made it. That should definitely get your students interested in your math activity. Did you have the pictures already from a previous trip or did you find them online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed the "trip to the City" my hometown,especially Yankee Stadium. I know your students will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, the comment above is from my husband. He is a big Yankee fan, and so when he saw me looking at your blog, he wanted to see your Animoto. He left the comment after viewing your Animoto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliments! I found the pictures using Google Advanced Search. I searched specifically for sights that I wanted to include in the project. I showed it to a few of my students when they were waiting for the bus one day and they really enjoyed it. I think it will give my class good ideas for their project if they have never been to NYC.

    ReplyDelete