Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bucket Filling Digital Story

Have You Filled A Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud is a great way to build positive character within your classroom. My school has taken on bucket filling, inspired by the picture book. Students are acknowledged by demonstrating kind or caring behaviors with a certificate. In some classrooms, students have personal buckets where other students might place notes thanking them for acts of kindness. I have noticed a positive change in the way my students care for others and our classroom. Allison and I created this digital story to share how bucket filling has had a positive impact on our grade level. We used Windows Movie Maker to import pictures of our students demonstrating bucket filling. Importing and arranging pictures was very easy. Adding music was the hardest part, but we were able to figure it out eventually. I thought the project went pretty smoothly since it was our first time using Movie Maker. I will use this digital story to introduce and reteach the value of bucket filling to my students. I hope you like it and can use it in your classroom as well!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this digital story. I would like to share this with my co-workers as well. Television shows today have helped our children learn to laugh at others when they fall or mess up on something. I think this is a great way to help children become more sensitive to those around them. Great topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I think it came out great! I have not used bucket fillers, but one of my co-workers does and speaks highly of it. I'm considering using it next year, this would be a great video to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I read that same story with my students in September. This would be a fantastic idea to show for our next PBIS school assembly.

    ReplyDelete