Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Literacy Project

I am a full-fledged blogger! For my literacy project, I used Kidblog to create a class blog to use with my fourth graders. I began the project by discussing blogging with my students. Many of them already comment to each other using online tools, but having a class blog seems new to them. I decided that for now, I will pose a question of the week. For my first question, I asked my students to write about their favorite animal and practice posting it to their blogs. Each student posted on his or her own blog page. I am excited to get my students more involved in blogging, and they are beyond thrilled. My next steps for my students are to teach them how to add pictures and videos to their posts, as well as comment on each others' posts.

Check out my class blog!

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of a question of the week. I have been doing this with my kids too, but I was a little ambitious and was trying to post a question of the day - way too much work. Your class blog looks great. How are your students doing with learning how to navigate around the blog and find posts and comments? We are still learning, but getting better every time we use the computer lab.

    ReplyDelete